Carbon Reduction Plan
CARBON REDUCTION PLAN
Supplier name: Paramount Medical Solutions Ltd
Publication date: 30th May 2023
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Paramount Medical Solutions Ltd is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050 and this Carbon Reduction Report will cover Scope 1, 2 and Scope 3 categories (Upstream Transportation of Goods, Downstream Transportation of Goods, Waste, Business Travel and Employee Commuting) stated in the Technical standard for Completion of Carbon Reduction Plans. The Greenhouse Protocol Corporate Standard, the Technical standard for Completion of Carbon Reduction Plans and the Carbon Reduction Plan Guidance requirements were followed in this Carbon Reduction Plan report.
Baseline/ Current Emissions Footprint
Baseline Emissions Reporting/ Current Year: 2022
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
This Carbon Reduction Plan report is the first GHG emissions assessment and report covering all required categories for Scope 1, 2 and 3 stated in the Technical standard for Completion of Carbon Reduction Plans.
Paramount Medical Solutions Ltd has assessed 2019 GHG emissions for Scope 1 and 2, however the quality of activity data for calculating the Carbon Footprint has improved since 2019, and Scope 3 emissions were not previously assessed for all required categories stated in the Technical standard for Completion of Carbon Reduction Plans due to lack of reliable data. Hence, the reporting year of 2022 should be considered as the baseline year for Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions in accordance with the guidelines stated in the Carbon Reduction Plan Guidance.
All information provided from Scopes 1, 2 and 3 have been collected from recorded business data. There is no use of natural gas, air conditioning and emergency generators in the company and, therefore, there are no GHG emissions from these sources.
Electricity- The GHG emissions from electricity purchased was calculated with consumption of electricity from the business, which also includes electric cars electricity consumption. The suppliers´ emission factor for the electricity tariff contracted (market-based approach) in 2022 was used to calculate GHG emissions.
Company Cars (Petrol)– GHG emissions from company cars were calculated based on recorded mileage and DEFRA emission factors 2022.
Waste – Waste production registered for the year 2022 and DEFRA emission factors 2022 were used to quantify the GHG emissions from Waste.
Business Travel (Air)- GHG emissions from Air Travel in 2022 were calculated with flights data registered in the company and DEFRA emission factors 2022.
Employee Commuting – Employee commuting GHG emissions were calculated based on employee commuting mileage in 2022 and DEFRA emission factors 2022.
Upstream Transportation of Goods – Company´s data on quantities purchased (kg), distances (km) and type of transport, as well as the appropriate DEFRA emission factors 2022 were used to quantify the GHG from transportation from suppliers to Paramount Medical.
Downstream transportation of goods – Company´s data on quantities purchased (kg), distances (km) and type of transport, as well as the appropriate DEFRA emission factors 2022 were used to quantify the GHG from transportation from Paramount Medical to clients.
Baseline year emissions:
TOTAL (tCO 2e)
Company cars (1.95 tCO2e)
Electricity purchased: market-based approach (4.22 tCO2e)
Waste (8.55 tCO2e)
Business Travel- Air ( 0.11 tCO2e)
Employee Commuting (3.91 tCO2e)
Upstream Transportation of Goods ( 794.21 tCO2e)
Downstream Transportation of Goods ( 26.82 tCO2e)
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue progress to achieving Net Zero, Paramount Medical Solutions Ltd continues to explore opportunities to reduce emissions. We have set a number of carbon reduction targets such as:
Scope 1 and 2 Emissions
- Increase by 25% the usage of electric company cars in the next 5 years;
- 5% reduction electricity GHG emissions within the building in the next 5 years.
Scope 3 emissions
- 5% reduction of GHG emissions from employee commuting in the next 5 years;
- 5% reduction of GHG emissions from waste production in the next 5 years;
- 2% reduction of GHG emissions from air travelling in the next 5 years;
- 5% reduction of GHG emissions from Upstream Transportation of Goods in the next 5 years;
- 5% reduction of GHG emissions from Downstream Transportation of Goods in the next 5 years.
In the next 5 years and with these targets implemented we project that carbon emissions will decrease to a total of 797.62 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of circa 5% over the next 5 years.
Progress against these targets is going to be evaluated in the following Carbon Reductions Plans reports.
Targeted carbon reductions from baseline year (2022) can be seen in the graph below:
Carbon Reduction Projects
The following environmental management measures and projects are currently ongoing and we expect to fully evaluate the impact these have on the reduction of Greenhouse emissions in the next carbon footprint assessment.
Ongoing environmental initiatives:
- LED lighting Project – almost all lights across the company were replaced with LED lighting.
- Electric cars– The company is switching company cars to electric vehicles.
- Business Travel- Company business travel has been limited to strictly necessary overseas flights
- Reusable Products – the company has source alternative raw materials or brings reusable products to market (like our DrainStar Revoluton mobile suction device, which replaces plastic fluid waste receptacles with machinery to dispose fluid waste)
- Working from home – the company allows working from home up to 2 days per week depending on job activity, reducing the need for employees to commute to work.
In the future Paramount Medical expects to implement further measures such as:
- Changing to a new location in 2023, consolidating offices, registered office and distribution into 1 location with nearly half the footprint but more usable space (extra floor). Steps will be taken to improve insulation and LED lighting at the premises.
- Evaluate renewable energy electricity supply.
- Launch a campaign and a project to encourage electricity consumption reduction.
- Investigate solar powered energy options.
- Reduce road and air transportation by increasing sea freight for upstream and downstream transportation of products.
- Reduce the carbon footprint of plastic products by sourcing responsible, sustainable raw materials closer to point of sterilisation or assembly to reduce CO2 associated with transport.
- Launch a campaign and a project to encourage waste reduction.
- Develop a Green Transport Programme for employees (e.g. cycle to work programmes, public transport, etc)
- Investigate carbon offsetting for residual GHG emissions will be explored to find the most strategic and effective offsetting projects.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard  and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting 
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard .
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Name: Rolf Sandor
Position: Managing Director
Date: May 30, 2023